Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a few questions about compiz fusion and the gnome do docky. First off, iv seen many videos of people minimizing programs to the gnome do docky and they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Compiz questions

I have a few questions about compiz fusion and the gnome do docky. First off, iv seen many videos of people minimizing programs to the gnome do docky and they play a cool minimiz animation, is that through compiz or GD? Also, it seems like the docky is putting the programs i have recently used on it by itself, and i dont want that. I want to put what i want on it, and it not change. What do i have to do to do this? I have looked around quite a bit and have not found anything.

The animation is Compiz's job. Docky tells the window manager that a certain window is to be minimized. Compiz then animates the disappearance.

I think you must remove the "Statistical Items" by dragging them to the side.
    Docky - GNOME Do Wiki
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by GNU-Fan View Post
    The animation is Compiz's job. Docky tells the window manager that a certain window is to be minimized. Compiz then animates the disappearance.

I think you must remove the "Statistical Items" by dragging them to the side.
    Docky - GNOME Do Wiki
    sweet thanks, do you happen to know what section the minimiz animation is under?

Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.