Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Compiz questions

I have a few questions about compiz fusion and the gnome do docky. First off, iv seen many videos of people minimizing programs to the gnome do docky and they play a cool minimiz animation, is that through compiz or GD? Also, it seems like the docky is putting the programs i have recently used on it by itself, and i dont want that. I want to put what i want on it, and it not change. What do i have to do to do this? I have looked around quite a bit and have not found anything.

The animation is Compiz's job. Docky tells the window manager that a certain window is to be minimized. Compiz then animates the disappearance.

I think you must remove the "Statistical Items" by dragging them to the side.
    Docky - GNOME Do Wiki
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by GNU-Fan View Post
    The animation is Compiz's job. Docky tells the window manager that a certain window is to be minimized. Compiz then animates the disappearance.

I think you must remove the "Statistical Items" by dragging them to the side.
    Docky - GNOME Do Wiki
    sweet thanks, do you happen to know what section the minimiz animation is under?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.