Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Evolution is in your Internet menu entry under applications Cuz. It (Evolution) is your email stand alone client in Ubuntu. You can get your gmails to it instead of inside ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Evolution is in your Internet menu entry under applications Cuz. It (Evolution) is your email stand alone client in Ubuntu. You can get your gmails to it instead of inside Epiphany or Seamonkey. Start a thread and I bet you will get lots of help showing how to set up Evolution and get gmail to foward your emails to it. Google is also chock full of how tos on how to do this.

Screw a thread. Here is a How to with Pictures.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

In the next Link I will provide. Scroll down to where the orange image is and click on it on how to tell gmail to foward to evolution. This is a 2 step process. Use my above post to set up evolution first.

Then use this post to tell gmail to foward its mail to evolution. Hope you can understand it.

Download Email Gmail to your kmail on ubuntu 8.04 | Konsultan IT dan jaringan Area Flores
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I am sorry Roky, but I have never used any email clients since I have used a computer and I have much, too much, on my plate right now to be getting into unfamiliar computer territory. I appreciate you offer to help; but I must decline.
    Thank You, Anyways!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

No problem Cuz.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2