Find the answer to your Linux question:
Do we have Visio equivalents for Linux. Being an instrument engineer i want to make drawings using a program like Visio or AutoCAD and then link up certain values from ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Visio equivalents for Linux

Do we have Visio equivalents for Linux. Being an instrument engineer i want to make drawings using a program like Visio or AutoCAD and then link up certain values from spreadsheets (Excel or CALC). Will this be possible in Linux

openoffice has draw. there are a few others out there:

Dia a drawing program
    Visio | Open Source Alternative - osalt.com
    linux user # 503963

Just Joined!
    I tried alternatives and finally just installed crossover and then installed Visio.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Have to say, each company I've work for I've looked at various Linux versions to do what I do in Visio - especially for network diagrams. For various reasons I've always ended up back in Visio. Not always technical reasons, often because of the human factor.

Personally also never got Visio working in WINE correctly either. Might just be me...

Just Joined!
    I installed crossover with no issues whatsoever. After I installed it I rebooted my laptop and then grabbed a copy of office 2003 and visio 2003 since I have to use both at work.

Both office 2003 and visio 2003 is fully supported in crossover so its been pretty easy to install and use. I havent seen any side effects from it so far.

Just Joined!
    Now when I tried to do the same thing with WINE it was a totally different story... I had to install certain fonts, then certain Microsoft files into wine just to get Visio to work correctly and it still wasnt quite right sometimes but with Crossover I have had no issues at all, no extra files to install.... just click on the supported visio version and installed.