Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've creates some abiword documents with images in them. However when I send the abiword document to other people, the pages with the images are all blank. Can anyone ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Abiword Problem

Hi,

I've creates some abiword documents with images in them. However when I send the abiword document to other people, the pages with the images are all blank. Can anyone help explain what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

David

It sounds like the pictures are just being linked to the document, rather than being saved in it... I don't have Abiword installed at the moment, but how are you adding the pictures? In OpenOffice, there's an 'insert' menu where you choose 'picture -> from file...'.

Can you let us know how you're adding the pictures? Also, have you tried opening this file in another program? Another thing I'd try is moving the pictures you've added and then see if they appear or not. And, last, what type of file are you saving as and what are they using to open it? (.doc?). I can check later on another computer where I have Abiword installed...
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com