Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have started to use firefox 0.9.3, and love the tabs, that mozilla has started using. The only problem i've got, is that i have got used to keeping ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    dph
    Just Joined!

Firefox tabs

Hi,

I have started to use firefox 0.9.3, and love the tabs, that mozilla has started using. The only problem i've got, is that i have got used to keeping several tabs open symultaneously, with usefull things on like tv listings, the weater (have to in england!). However it is really annoying when i reboot, or restart X, as i need to load each tab up individually again. Now i know this isn't a huge problem, but i was wondering if it was possible to start firefox, and open several tabs with my commonly used pages on?

Thanks again in advance for all your help.

DPH

yeah
    just set up your home page for tabs (i know this is possible in 1.0):
    in the homepage url field:
    -lakerdonald

dph
    Just Joined!
    Excellent!

Thanx very much, works a dream!

Just Joined!
    i don't know if it's from a plugin or if firefox coems defaulted with this option, but when i go under a bookmarks folder there is a "Open in tabs" option that will open all bookmarks in that folder in their own tabs.

I realize you got your situation worked out, but I just thought I'd throw this tidbit out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by raublekick
    i don't know if it's from a plugin or if firefox coems defaulted with this option, but when i go under a bookmarks folder there is a "Open in tabs" option that will open all bookmarks in that folder in their own tabs.

I realize you got your situation worked out, but I just thought I'd throw this tidbit out there too.
    Are you talking about Live Bookmarks? And yes that does come as default with Firefox 1.0
    -lakerdonald

Linux User
    All bookmark folders have a "open in tabs" option at the bottom.

Create a folder named main in your "bookmarks toolbar folder", then bookmark all your favorite sites there.

Then click main->open in tabs, and all of your pages will load.
    --monkey