Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I'd like to install Red Carpet 2.0 on pc running Red Hat 9. First, I tried to download the file from ximian website, but after choosing my o.s., a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red Carpet 2.0

Hello,

I'd like to install Red Carpet 2.0 on pc running Red Hat 9.
    First, I tried to download the file from ximian website, but after choosing my o.s., a web page an empty folder appears(!!!): no file for rh9 have been placed in this directory!
    Anyway, I downloaded the file for Red hat 8.0, but when I tried to install it, I received an error like "dependencies error" and 2 o 3 .lib files that "requires 1.4 packages".
    I remember 1.4 was the previous versione of Red Carpet, but how do I install if I'm a new user?
    Thank you.

Just Joined!

Weirder Problem

You can find any rpm from the net - even old ones if u need. My site of choice is http://rpm.pbone.net
    I managed 2 install red carpet using the foll rpms -
    libredcarpet-1.4.6-0.ximian.6.1.i386.rpm
    red-carpet-2.0.3-0.ximian.6.0.i386.rpm
    rcd-1.4.5-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm
    rcd-devel-1.4.5-0.ximian.6.2.i386.rpm

But even I have a problem.. rcd refuses to start. More precisely, on typing "/etc/init.d/rcd start" it starts without error but "ps -A" doesn't list it. And red-carpet tries to start the daemon itself but gives an error saying "Unable to connect to the daemon: 'No such file or directory'.". But it doesn't tell me what file or dir it wants.

Any Guesses?