Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using Mozilla 1.0.1 (even though when I go to About...it says 5.0), but in either case, is the out of the box browser from SuSE.... I've been trying to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Java 2 plugin for Mozilla...not working!?!

I'm using Mozilla 1.0.1 (even though when I go to About...it says 5.0), but in either case, is the out of the box browser from SuSE....

I've been trying to get this plugin to work:

Java 2 Plug-in Version 1.3

http://wp.netscape.com/plugins/jvm.html

But no luck! What I find weird, is that after it is downloaded, it says install succesful. So I restart the browser and go to a site that requires the plugin, and it says that I still don't have it...

Any thoughts????

Linux User
    use the ln to link the java stuff in your mozilla's plugins folder. but dont copy the file in, as it might result in your browser crashing when trying to load a java applet.

good luck

Linux Guru
    Sun's JVM sometimes doesn't work mozilla's compiled with gcc 3.0 or newer. Try Blackdown's JVM instead

Linux Engineer
    Assuming that you have a recent version of JRE installed in /usr/java, try this code.
    Code:
    bash$ ln -s /usr/java/jre/plugin/i386/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji140.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
    The best things in life are free.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriss
    use the ln to link the java stuff in your mozilla's plugins folder. but dont copy the file in, as it might result in your browser crashing when trying to load a java applet.

good luck
    two points
    1. totally agree with Kriss-I had exactly that situation need the symbolic link
    2. The sun java executable is installed in a strange place not /usr/bin but /usr/java/bin (i think) You may need to add the path to the java ex in your .bash_profile

3. Try konqueror to see if that works.

Linux Guru
    I don't think ln is the problem when using mozilla. But it all depends on how you have installed it.