Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey guys, I've just registered. I'm currently booting Linux Mint off a live USB, and its really great. The only problem i'm having is that i'm trying to get this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Monica

Hey guys, I've just registered.

I'm currently booting Linux Mint off a live USB, and its really great.
    The only problem i'm having is that i'm trying to get this one program, called Monica, it adjusts the gamma values, etc for your monitor, which i need because my monitor is kinda messed up :P.

But yeah, the site that hosts it is down, and I cant find a single working mirror. If anyone has the package for it, would it be possible to upload it?

Thanks
    -timtamboy63

Just Joined!
    Not sure what the bumping rules are, but bump?

Quote Originally Posted by timtamboy63 View Post
    The only problem i'm having is that i'm trying to get this one program, called Monica, it adjusts the gamma values, etc for your monitor, which i need because my monitor is kinda messed up :P.

But yeah, the site that hosts it is down, and I cant find a single working mirror. If anyone has the package for it, would it be possible to upload it?
    Do you have some special reason to use Monica?

I did some 5-min search (I usually give up after 2-3 mins ) and only managed to find some references to ``Monica for Linux'' and an old (2003) question on LinuxQuestions (installing monica (monitor gamma app)). The fact that you failed at finding a location to get this Monica, too, tells me that Monica has kind of passed away.

You might consider reading this: Linux.com :: Looking good: Monitor calibration under X .

Also, are you sure its the monitor which causes you problems and not the graphics card?

I've found this: ALT Linux Sisyphus - Package monica
    Work has continued on Monica, last entry found is from 2009. Really, is nice when someone pushes the cart for you, but you should try harder for what you want.

Just Joined!
    lol i looked for hours, but someone found me a link on another forum, got it working at last , had to install tonnes of stuff and turns out the new gcc wouldnt compile it so i had to edit it

why is linux so hard :P
    oh and anyone thats lookin to make it work check this out:

forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46686

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

There is also a Monica package in the Arch Linux repositories so that might not help you much, but I usually do manual calibrations with the images found here:

LCD monitor test images
    oz