Find the answer to your Linux question:
After installing wqy-zenhei chinese font, everything used it perfectly except Midori browser. It seems to be stuck on the ancient 'fixed' font set, which is abysmal for Chinese. It also ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

webkit uses wrong Chinese font

After installing wqy-zenhei chinese font, everything used it perfectly except Midori browser. It seems to be stuck on the ancient 'fixed' font set, which is abysmal for Chinese. It also takes ages to load a page with Chinese, pretends to freeze for a minute or two. I've played with Midori's appearance settings, selecting UTF-8, but to no avail. Thanks for any help!

Arch Linux, Openbox, Via Pico-Itx, Dvorak.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I assume you mean the midori browser, and not the midori linux OS? If so, then I suggest you contact the author of the program on their site: Twotoasts.de
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    yes, but I think the problem is with the webkit backend, not the midori browser front end.

Just Joined!
    If there's any hope of a reply, I'd like to say that after poking about it appears that the Midori browser is using wqy-zenhei in its interface, but that fixed-misc is used in webpage rendering. The websites of midori browser, webkit, and webkitgtk are of little help.