Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to get VMware to boot from my Winblows parition so that way I can run Windows on top of Linux when I need to. But unfortunately I can't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

VMware + LILO = Ugh

I'm trying to get VMware to boot from my Winblows parition so that way I can run Windows on top of Linux when I need to. But unfortunately I can't get Windows to boot properly because LILO is on Window's MBR and in order for LILO to load it must be able to read the Linux parition at boot time so that way it starts properly. Since VMware isn't using my Linux hd at its boot time, LILO fails and displays L 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07 07, etc. Is there any way I can get VMware to use LILO properly?

Oh, nvm, I solved my own problem!! figured i shouldn't delete this thread in case some1 else wants to know. You select the Windows VM hit edit this vm, then add your linux parition to the boot devices. simple.

Just Joined!

Lilo 07 07 07?

I tried installing SUSE 9.2 on my PC for first time. With GRUB I get a blank screen that just says GRUB. With Lilo I get 07 07 07 07...

I'm installing onto a slave partition.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close