Find the answer to your Linux question:
When running a Windows application under the Windows OS., I have used a program named screenprint 32 to great effect. This enables the user to select (with the mouse) some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

screenprint to .jpg file from Linux system.

When running a Windows application under the Windows OS., I have used a program named screenprint 32 to great effect. This enables the user to select (with the mouse) some or all of the current screen and have that image saved as a reasonable quality (ie. resolution) .jpg file.

Is there please a recommended equivalent which will run under Linux?

camoore

Wales, UK

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

In Gnome, you can take a screenshot by going to Applications / Accessories / Take Screeshot. KDE has a screenshot function as well, but I'm not running it and don't remember exactly how to get there, so maybe someone else will respond with steps needed to reach it.

There are also a number of indendent apps that can be used for screen captures:

Screen Capture | Linux App Finder

If you should decide to install one of those apps, try using your default package tool for your distribution to install it, if possible.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thank you Ozar, for the welcome and the information. I have never run Linux, so this is strange territory for me.

We are writing our app. to run under Windows, but need to input images (.jpg or .bmp) from another machine running Linux.

Will investigate your suggestions and report back to this thread. This may take us around a week.

camoore

Wales, UK

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close