Find the answer to your Linux question:
I largely believe the name of the program is irrelevant, but if you must know, it is Qjoypad. Anyway, I follow the instructions, but an error is returned "libXtst is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I need help installing a program

I largely believe the name of the program is irrelevant, but if you must know, it is Qjoypad.

Anyway, I follow the instructions, but an error is returned "libXtst is required to continue with the installation". Well, I have libXtst6, so...

Thanks for any help

-Chris P

Is it not available from your system repos? It's available on Gentoo repos. Do the instructions say anything about which version of libXtst you need? Maybe your version is older/newer. It looks like part of Xlibs but I'm not too sure.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Im using Debian, and it is not available through Synaptic. I even added a bunch of repos, but its still not available.

No mention of what version of libXtst is required.

Anyway I can install Gentoos package manager on my Debian system?

I don't know honestly, Gentoo is a bit different than Debian. I don't think it would work that way.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    OK Im going to try an older version that already has a .deb package, though with a dependency issue involving:

libqt3c102-mt

Maybe some advice on that dependency issue?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You can have both qt3 and qt4 libraries on your system - I do anyway, so installing the qt3 libraries with Synaptic or apt-get should work for that dependency. I don't know what the 102-mt thingy is however...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    This is an old thread, just replying for future reference.

Had exact same issue with qjoypad being installed on Debian, asking for libXtst while having libXtst6 already installed. In my case the problem was due to missing package: pkg-config