Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been looking though different editors for one that has good printing support. Ideally it should be able to print C++ code with line numbers, syntax highlighting, multiple columns per ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Good printing support

I've been looking though different editors for one that has good printing support. Ideally it should be able to print C++ code with line numbers, syntax highlighting, multiple columns per page, customizable fonts and sizes and a print preview feature so that I can make sure it looks right before sending it to the printer. It appears that notepad++ had at least some of these features, but it is not available on linux. The best I could do so far is to copy/paste the output of 'cat -n foo.cpp' into oowriter and format it into two colums. I don't get synax highlighting though and I have to manually replace tabs with a few spaces as well as some excessive leading spaces before the line numbering. Does anyone have a suggestion for a code editor that has these features?

Welcome to the forums!

kwrite does many of the things you describe, such as line numbers, syntax highlighting, customizable fonts (although your choice affects the whole file), and you can get it to print in columns from the 'print' dialog.

No print preview though. The best I know is to print to pdf first, and use that.
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI