Find the answer to your Linux question:
Guys, I'm curious to hear what you are all doing (if anything) to provide Flash video on 64-bit Linux since Adobe has discontinued their 64-bit Flash player, at least temporarily? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

64-bit Flash Solutions?

Guys, I'm curious to hear what you are all doing (if anything) to provide Flash video on 64-bit Linux since Adobe has discontinued their 64-bit Flash player, at least temporarily?

I was using their last released version along with Flashblock to help with the security issues that they've discovered, but have decided to remove Flash altogether, at least for now. I've also been considering using the new 32-bit Flash release on 64-bit Linux, but not sure that I want to do that, and might just wait it out instead.

What are the rest of you doing about the situation?
    oz

me personaly, I'm going to be copying around my existing binary for flash. Once you put something on the internet, it stays on the internet adobe can't erase it from my server

though to be honest, I hate flash, I use flashblock and adblock in every firefox install, and will rarely use flash for youtube videos if someone says something is really funny or something. I think flash is a heaping steamy pile of crap, and await the day that it dies. However, with apple and MS pushing for the patent encumbered codecs, and the MPEG group being so anti competitive with any proposed codecs for HTML 5, it may be a while unfortunately.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4