Find the answer to your Linux question:
It's a hidden file which memorises preferences for this popular note taking program. I know where it should be - the problem is when I get there it doesn't exist! ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Where is Xournal config file?

It's a hidden file which memorises preferences for this popular note taking program. I know where it should be - the problem is when I get there it doesn't exist!

Location is
    ~/.xournal/config

On this note the save preferences option doesn't actually work or variably works at best. Whoever designed this app has left obvious defects in the program unaddressed. This is unacceptable and sloppy for such a popular program.

Tell me where the config file is so I can save my prefs. You know how annoying it is having to re-specify a handful of preferences everytime I go into that program - geez!

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
    It's a hidden file which memorises preferences for this popular note taking program. I know where it should be - the problem is when I get there it doesn't exist!

Location is
    ~/.xournal/config

On this note the save preferences option doesn't actually work or variably works at best. Whoever designed this app has left obvious defects in the program unaddressed. This is unacceptable and sloppy for such a popular program.

Tell me where the config file is so I can save my prefs. You know how annoying it is having to re-specify a handful of preferences everytime I go into that program - geez!
    It's retarded. The config file appeared after I changed a setting "pressure sensitivity" to "on". As I said, some of the preferences do not save even when you tell them to, so that might explain why the file wasn't created in response to tool preference changes, but it did in response to the "pressure sensitivity" changes.