Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
hey guys... i found a great solution... i could now play all my mp3 file over linux player Xmms in fedora... But I download new Xmms player for other linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hey guys... i found a great solution... i could now play all my mp3 file over linux player Xmms in fedora... But I download new Xmms player for other linux distribution..and install it on fedora... i used rpm file for slackware linux and it plays well,,,thanks guys....

Banned
    lol
    If that was your problem, you just had to type ...
    Code:
    yum install xmms-mp3
    ... and it would have done evrything for you.

I really don't like fedora.us, Livna and that other one tho(and don't recommend using them).
    see:
    http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#D

Just Joined!
    Hi,

I'm a noob. I finally sucessfully installed xmms but it won't play mp3s b/c fedora core 3 has withdrwan support for it.

The command yum install xmms-mp3 had not effect. In fact, yum search xmms-mp3 did not turn anything up and yum list applications also indicated that there was no such file/package as xmms-mp3.

If anyone has managed to figure this out, can you let me know how to get past this hurdle.

Just Joined!
    Alternatively, you can download and install this rpm if you're using xmms v1.2.7 or greater and want to install mp3 support for it.

Linux Newbie
    Go to http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net/
    from the list on the left side, select xmms, a list of rpms available will come up at the top. there you will get xmms-mp3 rpm for exactly the version of xmms you are using now.
    You will also get loads of other stuff here all packaged specially for fedora core 3.

Just Joined!
    Thanks guys.

I think my sound card has not been properly configured for Linux. I'll need to figure out how to do that. I downloaded an ogg file and got no sound when it played in Helix. I'm still used to Plug and Play convenience.

Weird thing is, I would have thought the file would have started playing in the player anyway. But I got nada. Once I get the sound card working, if XMMS still doesn't play mp3s, I'll come back here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2