Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I needed a very simple SMTP application to let PHP5* applications send e-mails through my ISP's SMTP server. I read about Nullmailer and decided to give it a shot, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Question [SOLVED] Can't get PHP5/Nullmailer to send e-mail

Hello

I needed a very simple SMTP application to let PHP5* applications send e-mails through my ISP's SMTP server.

I read about Nullmailer and decided to give it a shot, but although PHP5 seems happy (no error message), I'm not getting any e-mail : For some reason, outgoing e-mails are spooled under /var/spool/nullmailer/queue/, but not sent, although "/usr/sbin/nullmailer-send -d" is running.

Any idea what it could be?

Thank you for any hint.

* the FastCGI version php5-fpm, actually

Linux Newbie
    Found it: For some reason, some of the e-mails had "www-data@ubuntu.ubuntu" as their first line, and were thus rejected by my ISP:

Code:
    Jul 21 17:25:20 ubuntu nullmailer[1695]: smtp: Failed: 550 5.1.8 <www-data@ubuntu.ubuntu>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found
    Jul 21 17:25:20 ubuntu nullmailer[1687]: Sending failed:  Permanent error in sending the message
    For those having the same kind of issue, check /var/log/mail.err for possible infos.

HTH,