Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All, I installed openoffice3 from the rpm files. It was successful and now I want to get rid of the old version 2.3. I clicked the Application at the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Problem of Removing Sofware

Dear All,
    I installed openoffice3 from the rpm files. It was successful and now I want to get rid of the old version 2.3. I clicked the Application at the launcher bar and choose the menu Add/Remove Software. I did this several times before at other machines for other packages. It is failed and gave the following message.
    -----
    Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: livna. Please verify its path and try again
    -----
    I was googling and found that we need to edit the file /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
    This was not successful either. Any clue?

TS

There is no need to edit fedora.repo file because problem is with Livna repo only.
    Execute this in Terminal
    Code:
    su -
    yum clean all
    In case it doesn't work, disable Livna repository. Set enabled=1 in /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo file Or post the contents of livna.repo file here.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the prompt response. I de-activated the livna.repo by editing the file /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo
    ---------------
    #enabled=1
    enabled=0
    gpgcheck=1
    ----------------
    It is now OK!
    Thank you.
    TS