Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings All, I am looking for a Terminal Client that will interpret the Wyse 50 / Adds VP+. As it stands, I can connect to the HP-UX server via a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Terminal Client

Greetings All,

I am looking for a Terminal Client that will interpret the Wyse 50 / Adds VP+. As it stands, I can connect to the HP-UX server via a telnet session but the xterm does not recognize the character layout. As long as I know the commands I can still navigate but the information is not readable. I am using RH9. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Linux Guru
    I was able to find many commercial programs able to do that. Do you require an open source solution?

Just Joined!
    I am looking for an Open Source solution. But the commercial solutions would be a great start as long as they are Linux capable. Perhaps a derivative could be created from the commercial versions. If you could please post your findings it would be greatly appreciated.

Linux Guru
    Just search for "wyse 50 linux" on google and you'll find a bunch. Couldn't find any open source versions, though.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I am looking for clients not servers. All the ones listed under "wyse 50 linux" are either servers or emulators. I need the app that will connect to those (Open Source preferred). Thanks again.

Linux Guru
    Oh yeah, you seem to be right. I didn't read it very thoroughly, and I assumed that emulator was supposed to refer to a client-side emulator. It doesn't seem to be, though.
    In that case, I don't know. Sorry.