Find the answer to your Linux question:
Linux - Ubuntu 10.4 LTS Firefox 3.6.8 Canonical v1.0 First off, I have been having disk error problems with Ubuntu, and I think that a file that involves the bookmarks ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Firefox - bookmark editing broken

Linux - Ubuntu 10.4 LTS
    Firefox 3.6.8 Canonical v1.0

First off, I have been having disk error problems with Ubuntu, and I think that a file that involves the bookmarks was corrupted. I did remove and reinstall the latest firefox package with Synaptic and apt-get (they do the same thing right?) But I still have this problem: I can not add or modify my bookmarks in the toolbar. I can go to the window to organize my bookmarks but its like nothing is there on the left main view box or the right that shows the bookmarks. If I try to import or restore, it does nothing. Thanks for the help!

Just Joined!
    Just wanted to say what I did to solve this problem in case anybody ever runs into it. All I did was make sure Firefox was closed and delete a hidden file named places.sqlite and places.sqlite-journal. Located in /home/<username>/.mozilla/firefox/<userprofile>. Then when firefox reopend it rebuilt that database. Lucky for me this was a farily new system so I did not have much to loose, but of course try to backup your bookmarks file. Thanks goes to the Firefox support site and a user named cor-el.