Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I installed SVN on Ubuntu 8.10 Desktop PC and I was able to successfully configure the SVN server to access it via Apache + WebDAV but the thing is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

SVN Permission issue

Hi,

I installed SVN on Ubuntu 8.10 Desktop PC and I was able to successfully configure the SVN server to access it via Apache + WebDAV

but the thing is the repository can be access by anyone though i give permissions to the /repository/config/authz file after configuring svnserve.conf and passwd files in the same location.

I want to restrict users to access the repository. Only when i create apache users " sudo htpasswd /etc/subversion/passwd user_name "they can do changes to the repository by giving their authentication details. But not the users who are in /repository/config/passwd file [those users are not active ]

can anyone explain what had happen and how to reconfigue pertaining to this scenario please ?

I think when we configure WebDAV to connect to the repository svnserve.conf file in the particular repository has nothing to do with configurations.

when I try to connect to the repository by giving username and password it gives error "403 Forbidden" When Using AuthzSVNAccessFile

my dav_svn.conf file has the following syntax

<Location /home/svn/project1>
    DAV svn
    SVNParentPath home/svn/project1
    AuthType Basic
    AuthzSVNAccessFile home/svn/project1/conf/authz
    AuthName "Subversion Repository"
    AuthUserFile /etc/subversion/passwd
    Require valid-use
    </Location>