Find the answer to your Linux question:
After several years of loosing data over stupid things, I have decided to start backing up my hard drive. Does anyone know of an app I could use to backup ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Backup over a Network

After several years of loosing data over stupid things, I have decided to start backing up my hard drive. Does anyone know of an app I could use to backup a Linux system to another network computer?

It would be great if it had the option to only backup changed/new files instead of copying files it has already backed up.

Right now I'm looking at Bacula, the Open Source, Enterprise ready, Network Backup Tool for Linux, Unix, and Windows. I'll see what I come with on that.

I do not have an external drive large enough drive to backup my HD. I will continue my searching but so far, I haven't found anything very good. I appreciate any help. Thanks!
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206

oz
    forum.guy
    I've not used them myself but have heard that rsync and unison are good, and I believe they will do what you want to do:

rsync

Unison File Synchronizer

I've been thinking about setting up rsync on my machines but haven't gotten around to it.

Maybe someone that has used one or the other will reply with more info for you.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Rsync is a great choice for that.
    I use it and I have no problem with it.

Start points: one, two.

Thumbs up

WOW! I just read the details on rsync. That is exactly what I want! It is command line and simple.

rsync is now installed.

Thanks guys!
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206