Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, Is it possible to install qemu in Damn Small Linux? I don't have a clue where to start, I can't compile it because make is missing. apt-get install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Qemu in DSL

Hello all, Is it possible to install qemu in Damn Small Linux?
    I don't have a clue where to start, I can't compile it because make is missing.

apt-get install qemu throws out can't find qemu.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Killian

If wanting to install Qemu in a small Linux Distro like Damn Small Linux (which is dead by the way). You might have to change and go with Tiny Core Linux as it has

Curaga A full/cpu emulator 0.10.2 16.2M qemu-0.10.tcz info list md5 dep
    2010/03/03 Curaga A full/cpu emulator, other cpu archs 0.12.2 14M qemu-extra.tcz info list md5 dep
    2010/03/03 Curaga A full/cpu emulator 0.12.2 3.2M qemu.tcz
    From

TCZ Repository - Tiny Core Linux

Any info on installing Tiny Core. It's history tied in with DSL ( Robert Shingledecker = roberts
    Founder / Lead Developer / Global Administrator)
    Getting Started : Tiny Core Linux

No info on installing Qemu on Damn Small Linux. Just info on running Damn Small Linux in Qemu in Windows or Ubuntu. TCC is the simple compile tool in DSL.
    Kinda the build-essential for DSL. In My book. You would be better off going with Tiny Core as it is a DSL Fork and has 1000s of TCZ packages already and is a supported tiny Distro. That is the best I can do for you.

Tiny Core Linux, Micro Core Linux, 10MB Linux GUI Desktop, Live, Frugal, Extendable

Edit: Forgot to mention. DSL /etc/apt/sources.list is really slim and old and not maintained anymore. Hence apt-get will pretty much throw back can't find (whatever)

Debian Sarge was the current repositories that could be added to dsl. But one could break dsl or dsl could not install certain apps from debian sarge.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 10-03-2010 at 01:15 AM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home