Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi! i'm installing glt from GLT - OpenGL C++ Toolkit - Download but I don't know what to do when, in the installation steps, it says to me to configure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation problems installing glt

hi!
    i'm installing glt from GLT - OpenGL C++ Toolkit - Download but I don't know what to do when, in the installation steps, it says to me to configure compile options in the files configure.h ...
    when I try to run the make it returns to me a lot of errors but they seem to depend to the fact that it don't find a header named zlib.h...
    I've searched in my include folder and I've found it in a folder contained in include called Poco: why it has problem to find it?how can I solve this situation?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    First you need to run the configure script in the installation directory, as in ./configure which will tell you if it is missing dependencies or prepare your Makefile and tell you that you can now make and install the tool.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    maybe I've not understand very well (I'm italian, excuse for the english) but: in the interested directories (/glt; /glt/src; glt/src/glt; glt/src/glutm; glt/src/misc) I don't find any configure file to run...there are only makefiles but they don't compile: like I've said in the previous post they don't find zlib.h.
    on its website installation steps says:
    # Configure compile options in glt/src/glt/config.h
    # Configure compile options in glt/src/glutm/config.h
    # Configure compile options in glt/src/misc/config.h
    but I don't know what to do to these config.h!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Which Linux distribution+version are you running? Myself, I just install it with the package manager on my CentOS/RHEL 5 and my Ubuntu 9.04 systems. No muss, no fuss.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!