Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I need to build cross tool chain for ARM9 core. I got the cross tool chain and root file system from vendor. When I am compiling this cross tool ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

/bin/sh: build/genmodes: No such file or directory

Hi

I need to build cross tool chain for ARM9 core. I got the cross tool chain and root file system from vendor. When I am compiling this cross tool chain I am getting the below error.
    /************************************************** ************************************************** ***/
    HEADERS="auto-host.h ansidecl.h" DEFINES="" \
    /bin/sh /home/shiva/starterkit/tool-chain/cross-gcc/gcc/mkconfig.sh bconfig.h
    gcc -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wold-style-definition -Wc++-compat -Wmissing-format-attribute -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -I. -Ibuild -I/home/shiva/starterkit/tool-chain/cross-gcc/gcc -I/home/shiva/starterkit/tool-chain/cross-gcc/gcc/build -I/home/shiva/starterkit/tool-chain/cross-gcc/gcc/../include -I/home/shiva/starterkit/tool-chain/cross-gcc/gcc/../libcpp/include -I/home/shiva/starterkit/tool-chain/cross-gcc/gcc/../libdecnumber -I/home/shiva/starterkit/tool-chain/cross-gcc/gcc/../libdecnumber/dpd -I../libdecnumber -o build/errors.o /home/shiva/starterkit/tool-chain/cross-gcc/gcc/errors.c
    build/genmodes -h > tmp-modes.h
    /bin/sh: build/genmodes: No such file or directory
    make[2]: *** [s-modes-h] Error 127
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/build-toolchain-4.4.1-armv5te-soft/arm-926ejs-linux-gnueabi/bootstrap-gcc/gcc'
    make[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/build-toolchain-4.4.1-armv5te-soft/arm-926ejs-linux-gnueabi/bootstrap-gcc'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    make: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/build-toolchain-4.4.1-armv5te-soft/arm-926ejs-linux-gnueabi/bootstrap-gcc'
    + errmsg
    + closelog
    + '[' -n make.out ']'
    + set +x
    arm-926ejs-linux-gnueabi bootstrap-gcc build aborted due to error!
    /************************************************** ************************************************** ***/

GCC compiler : gcc-4.6.1-20101002
    kernel version : 2.6.31.5-127.fc12.i686

Please tell me the possible solution.
    For more information please find the screenshot.

Thanks & Regards,
    Shiva
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I assume you are following the build instructions from the system/board vendor? If so, then you really need to contact them about this problem. Simply enough, you are missing some components needed to build the system. Before you tried to build the kernel, did you run the configuration tool ( make menuconfig )?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!