Find the answer to your Linux question:
Using Slackware 13.0 with convert from ImageMagik 6.5.3. I use myplayer to make .png images of equipment. I then (and recently) convert the image to .bmp via convert. When I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

convert problem

Using Slackware 13.0 with convert from ImageMagik 6.5.3.
    I use myplayer to make .png images of equipment. I then (and recently) convert the image to .bmp via convert. When I now bring up KolourPaint, it finds no images. If I enter the image's filename, it presents a dialog box saying it is unable to process the file. It is not seeing the files I have converted to .bmp in the past either. I checked and my system checking process finds that the current convert program matches the original one so the program has not been corrupted.
    file finds the images are valid .bmp files and xpaint will read/display these .bmp files.
    Can someone resolve this without buying new equipment or reinstalling the OS?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    My guess is the the problem is with KolourPaint since xpaint works with them. Perhaps it's settings have changed, or the KolourPaint program itself was updated and needs to be reconfigured.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux User
    Which "settings" do you refer to? The settings in the ToolBar would not effect this.
    Not updated. Seems like it must be something else. I'll try moving an image to XP's paint and see what it does.

Linux User

convert problem

Moved recent .bmp image refused by kpaint to XP Pro and paint therein. It worked OK.