Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi Team I have installed Cacti 0.87e on fedora 11. And it is working fine. I want to generate report from it in PDF format. I have alredy installed the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PDF report from Cacti 0.87e

Hi Team
    I have installed Cacti 0.87e on fedora 11. And it is working fine. I want to generate report from it in PDF format. I have alredy installed the nmid plugin for the same. I get the output in pdf format, but the problem is, when I generate the pdf file the report file contains only header and footer information. I can't find any graph or data in the pdf file. The entire body of the pdf file remains blank. Kindly look into this matter. I am waiting for your response.

Thanks & Regards
    Arghya

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You should be able to use the "Print to file" option and select PDF as your output type.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Can you please provide me location, where it is resisded.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    When you go to the file menu for a program, there is an entry to "Print". On Linux systems which have CUPS installed for printer control, there should be an option to "Print to file" and a couple of radio buttons to set the output format to either PDF or Postscript.

Just Joined!
    Hi
    I am using the web interface in XP system for monitoring. So please suggest for the same.

Thanks & Regards
    Arghya

The Firefox browser "File->Print" selection definitely gives you this option.

Just Joined!
    Hi
    i know that it will print the page. But the problem is I want only the selected graph not the entire page. I think which is only possible using nmid plugin or other else.

Thanks & regards
    Arghya

Well, if it allows printing just one graph, then there you are. If it doesn't, then you can use something like ksnapshot, or other screen capture tool, and print the captured image.

Just Joined!
    Hi, Did you download and install the parallelGraphRetriever addon ? This one is necessary in order to create PDF reports.

It can be donwloaded from the nmid project page here: redmine.nmid-plugins.de/projects/nmidcreatepdf/files - CereusReporting - Files - NMID Plugins

There's also a quick install and user guide on there. Though it is for Centos, the basic setup for the plugin itself is always the same.

Feel free to contact me or post your question to the cacti forum. There's a topic about nmidCreatePDF ( or CereusReporting as it is named now) on there.

Quote Originally Posted by phalek View Post
    Hi, Did you download and install the parallelGraphRetriever addon ? This one is necessary in order to create PDF reports.

It can be donwloaded from the nmid project page here: redmine.nmid-plugins.de/projects/nmidcreatepdf/files - CereusReporting - Files - NMID Plugins

There's also a quick install and user guide on there. Though it is for Centos, the basic setup for the plugin itself is always the same.

Feel free to contact me or post your question to the cacti forum. There's a topic about nmidCreatePDF ( or CereusReporting as it is named now) on there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast