Find the answer to your Linux question:
Initially I wanted to move places.sqlite from one user profile to another but instructions I could find all left me uncertain due to use of pronouns in english used. So ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Firefox renaming

Initially I wanted to move places.sqlite from one user profile to another but instructions I could find all left me uncertain due to use of pronouns in english used.
    So decided to just rename auser to buser in profile manager and then rename xuser to auser and buser to xuser. I looked into .mozilla/firefox and found 2 profiles before any renaming and found a rrrrrrrr.default and ssssssss.auser. I looked in the profile manager and found 2 profiles default and princ1. I remember creating the princ1 user but since there is no auser profile is auser possibly using the rrrrrrrr.default user I found under .mozilla/firefox?
    I am using Slackware 13.0 and firefox 3.6.12.
    Since copying places.sqlite into a new profile is said to remove tags and the like, can I import a bookmarks.HTML file into the new profile (without loosing tags) and without the .JSON file screwing my efforts when next I bootup?
    Last edited by clickit; 11-22-2010 at 10:26 PM.

Linux User
    I finally gave up and used IMPORT to move the bookmarks to the second profile. This works and had no deleatrious effects. Hope Mozilla keeps it in version 4.
    The descriptions in the FAQ provided are a bit to vague.