Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by sheds What format do i have to convert my mp3s to so that regular audio devices can read my cds? Like discmans and regular cd stereos. .wav...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by sheds
    What format do i have to convert my mp3s to so that regular audio devices can read my cds? Like discmans and regular cd stereos.
    .wav

Weird, i just read some things about grip, and it doesn't say anything about converting mp3s to wav. Does grip do this?

I just tried to install it, but for my surprise, it needs some gnome strange thing (No package 'libgnomeui-2.0' found). I guess i'll have to get something else that works on KDE. Any ideas?

Audacity

very nice program for ripping, converting, editing, etc.

I've downloaded it, and some other wxX11 file the site said audacity needed to be compiled. i just finished installing both things, first the wx thing and then audacity itself, but um, how do i run the program?

/usr/bin/audacity

?

It's not there man!! Where did the installer put it? I didn't get any info during or after installation of where the app was going to be installed. I'll just look around.

Linux Enthusiast
    You said you compiled it from source, right?
    Well anything you compile from source by default goes into the /usr/local rather than /usr prefix.
    So, it's probably under /usr/local/bin. But why do you need to know that anyways? You should just be able to enter audacity in the terminal and run it, or create a desktop launcher.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

Don't i need like the location of the file to create the desktop launcher thing? Let me just go ahead and keep searching on these directories you just specified. Maybe i can start using it!!

tahW eht kcuf!!

I'm sorry, i am just too lost right here. I have no idea how to start or even where to begin looking for this audacity. I found some file "audacity*" on etc/local/bin, i tried like cd and audacity to run it, but nothing happens. And you are correct Stormblazer, i did compile it. I just don't know how to create or even run the program.

Linux Enthusiast
    that's odd, you should be able to run by just typing "audacity" in a terminal...

If typing it in the terminal worked, you wouldn't need it's location to make a desktop launcher.

/etc is usually used for configuration stuff. Try typing in /usr/local/bin/audacity
    If that doesn't work go back to where you installed it from (the source directory), type "make install" again, and see where it's installing to.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

I started looking around to see what was going on, i typed the following and got the following message:
    "$ audacity
    audacity: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_x11univ-2.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I guess there are problems. I remember i had to install some xw file that audacity needen. I did and it went through fine. What else could be wrong?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast