Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a laptop configured with 2 partitions. The file ( Ubuntu ) partition which is about 30GB and a second 'data' partition of about 100 GB. On this data ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Digikam eats up all my partition space

I have a laptop configured with 2 partitions. The file ( Ubuntu ) partition which is about 30GB and a second 'data' partition of about 100 GB. On this data partition, I save all my digital photos ( about 20 GB ).
    When I installed Digikam, it seemed to compile its database on the smaller partition and left me with no space and error messages because of it.
    I managed to get rid of Digikam and regain space.
    Is there any way, I can re-install Digikam and stop it doing this ?
    -keevill-

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Did you read the digikam documentation on how to configure it? It uses SQLite as a data repository. You should be able to move it to the data drive. Here is a link to the digikam handbook as a PDF: http://docs.kde.org/development/en/e...am/digikam.pdf

This is from the installation section:
    Code:
    % export WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1
    % export KDEDIR=KDE_installation_dir_on_your_system
    % export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/path/to/installation/lib/pkgconfig"
    % make -f Makefile.cvs
    % ./configure
    % make
    % su
    % make install
    Note the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH. I think you need to set that to where you want things to be installed. In any case, you probably want to look at the options for the configure script: ./configure --help
    Last edited by Rubberman; 12-10-2010 at 07:55 PM.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!