Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm interested in altering the activity-monitor/pointer on my distro or at least finding out more about it. Is it part of Gnome or KDE or is it else where?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

what application is the activity-monitor/pointer part of?

I'm interested in altering the activity-monitor/pointer on my distro or at least finding out more about it. Is it part of Gnome or KDE or is it else where?

Activity monitor?

Do you mean this? Or maybe the gnome-system-monitor?

Here is another desciption

Before Firefox 3 the pointer ; on lets say Windows , had something that would INDICATE if the webpage was loading that had the image of a timer. Web Browsers have them and the O.S displays one when a file is opening. Most of these activity-monitor- pointers are joined in the same image that moves with the pointer that is located by moving the mouse.
    Last edited by theKbStockpiler; 12-11-2010 at 04:57 AM.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Edit to original post

The term I needed to find additional info was (Mouse Themes). The (Wait Cursor) is usually included with this.Download the theme you want and go to System> Preferences> Appearance> Customize> Pointers to change to one that is alreadly installed.To install themes, System> Preferences> Appearances> Install. Apparently more than one them can be used on a distro so the Browsers will use its own while Nautilus will use another. Fedora's default one does not funtion properly. It will not change to the pointer if a web page is still loading if you need to sellect something. I learned that Mandriva uses the (Bluecurve) variation for default which is like Ubuntus where it does not have to change between two different images and hense does not lose functionallity.

There are ways to force the mouse theme on all the applications but I don't have the experise at this time to do it and hence can not post how to do it.

oz
    forum.guy
    Here's a HowTo for mouse cursor (X11) themes for Arch Linux if it helps you any:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X11_Cursors

Most of it should work about the same for other distros.

I play around with mouse cursors from time to time, but usually wind up going back to the default theme.
    oz