Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am sure there are many more users of Tilda now. My question: is it possible (and how) to create keyboard shortcut/binding that would give window-focus back to Tilda terminal? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool [SOLVED] How to return focus to Tilda wo/ mouse?

I am sure there are many more users of Tilda now.

My question: is it possible (and how) to create keyboard shortcut/binding that would give window-focus back to Tilda terminal?

Currently, it is necessary to LMB-click inside Tilda (or at least drag mouse-cursor over Tilda) to resume typing.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Most desktop managers (GUI's) have a hot key that will switch the focus from window to window. What it is depends upon the GUI, and is configurable to your preference. On my Ubuntu laptop where I am writing this, the Gnome window manager uses alt-tab to switch focus.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Rubberman, are you saying that it is not possible to create keyboard shortcut to give window-focus?

I found something on stackoverflow *, but didn't try it. Presuming it works, can
    you also do it (only) with Compiz (yes, I've searched ... a lot)?

* I'm not allowed to post URL:
    stackoverflow.com/questions/2000050/how-to-programmatically-switch-to-a-specific-window-in-compiz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by courteous View Post
    Rubberman, are you saying that it is not possible to create keyboard shortcut to give window-focus?
    Not at all. I just said that the default key binding to do that is alt-tab. You should be able to change that (the key binding) in your desktop preferences.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!