Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question How To Access My Windows' 7 Primary Drive In Ubuntu?

I have mounted hard drive, but there is no data that is supposed to be on my Windows 7 partition C:\

How can i access my data? How can i scan drive C:\ with antivirus?

Quote Originally Posted by Boris_yo View Post
    I have mounted hard drive, but there is no data that is supposed to be on my Windows 7 partition C:\

How can i access my data? How can i scan drive C:\ with antivirus?
    If I'm not mistaken, I think you have to install ntfs-3g to be able to read you windows partition.

Scan with antivirus on your c:\? I don't get what you are saying. I mean you can just log in your windows and scan right?
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

I installed Linux for emergency boot in case something will go wrong with Windows so i can scan for viruses Windows partition and transfer files.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I installed Linux for emergency boot in case something will go wrong with Windows so i can scan for viruses Windows partition and transfer files.
    Ok. Please check if you have if ntfs-3g installed in your synaptic.

If not you can try to execute:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g
    You can then access your windows files and be able to make rescues when your windows partition encounters troubles such as a virus attacks.

Can you also post the output of

Code:
    fdisk -l  
    and 
    df -h
    -l is a small letter L
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Unhappy

FDISK? Why? I don't want to partition my hard drive. I have 2 partitions - C:\ and D:\ where Windows installation is.

Linux User
    I can read that statment in at least 2 ways.
    1) C: has data but not what it should have.
    2) C: has no data.

I have 2 partitions - C:\ and D:\ where Windows installation is.
    Then you are using a live linux cd ? What linux and version ?

What is your knowlege of linux ? That will help in decieding how basic we need to be.

FDISK? Why?
    That will help tell us if there is a posible problem with the partition table. If the partitions are NTFS or Faf32, ect.

I can see on C\: data but not what it should have. I think it is Linux's data and my Windows data is hidden.
    Linux Ubuntu 10.04
    I have 0 knowledge of Linux

Linux User
    you are using a live linux cd ? or did you install it to hdd ?

If you install Ubuntu, then we must see your 'fdisk -l' output. You may have installed linux over your Win 7.

I did not use Linux CD. I installed Ubuntu 10.04 with Wubi. Now my computer is dual-bootable: Windows 7 or Ubuntu.

-->
    if you want some help, please start by posting the output of commands as requested by nujinini, otherwise we can't do anything