Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. I have a set of PDFs I'd like to index and made searchable. Most importantly, I'd like a web interface so I can search and access remotely. This ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

File Index and Searching Software with Web Interface

Hi everyone.

I have a set of PDFs I'd like to index and made searchable. Most importantly, I'd like a web interface so I can search and access remotely. This morning I researched into several different options, but all seemed to fail.
    Google Desktop Search - No good because web interface is only to the local host
    Beagle - No good because it is no longer support and there are executation errors when running in Maverick
    Recoll - No web interface
    Strigi - No web interface(?)

Anyone have any recommendations? I recall using one about 2 years ago that was deployed on Apache Tomcat, but I can't remember the name.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Just Joined!
    You could always use a JSP filebrowser with Tomcat
    Or a PHP filebrowser...I wont link because there are thousands Just search for JSP or PHP file browser. You can taylor each one to your specific requirements if needs be

Just Joined!
    Maybe I'm not searching properly, but I am having a hard time finding one that both indexes and provides a search feature for the textual content of PDFs.

Any recommendations?