Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have amarok 2.1.1 now. I used a previous version a few times to put sessions of radio programs in to amarok to listen/refer to later. I need to do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

How to use amarok

I have amarok 2.1.1 now. I used a previous version a few times to put sessions of radio programs in to amarok to listen/refer to later.
    I need to do this again but the description I have of how to use it does not match the display I have for amarok. I looked on the web and just got more confused by descriptions which fail to define terms and abbreviations.
    Does someone have a well defined description of how to use 2.1.1 or can site me a url?
    Thanx

This isn't perfect, but here's a link which might point you in the right direction. http : // userbase DOT kde DOT org/ Amarok/ Manual/ Configuring Amarok #Internet_Services

Here's this as well.
    http://docs.kde.org/development/en/e...-podcasts.html

You might also be interested in clementine, which is a fork of the the old Amarok. Personally, I prefer it to the new Amarok.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Reed9, Thanx. The bit about moving a stream to the playlist is what I discovered after being frustrated by what I could glean on the web. Much appreciated as a cofirmation. Now, I gather that once I put the name in the playlist that somehow Amarok must down load the info. How does that happen? Do I need to do something to start it? After I put the stream name in the play list I see a circle which is representing either a vinyl record or cd or dvd to the left and a name to the right. Does this mean things are set up correctly for Amarok to go get the info? In past versions I would see indications of loading but I see nothing.

Linux User
    adamchronister8, thanx 2 U. I am not an English scholar but rigorous training in writing for clearity for graduate degrees (my excuse) causes me to expect abbreviations or terms to be defined or referenced when first used. Hence my frustration.
    Here is what I need to know and am not finding: What is a subscription? I feel it is being used rather loosely from what I expect. What does it do? Does it allow me to get just a single stream OR does a subscription get stuff from that point on whether I want it or not? How do I get just 1 podcast, see my reply to reed9. What is the difference between musical streams and textural info? How are these referred to so I can recognize when the author is talking about one or the other? That confused me in the reference you provided.
    In the Amarok display, I see an "internet" reference on the left side and when I click on it there appear what seem to be described as some sort of collector agent that get stuff (is that correct?). What are these supposed to do? Thanx for any help you can extend!