Find the answer to your Linux question:
i would like to setup two transparent proxy server that use Ubuntu Server and Squid as transparent proxy. My idea is to synchronize the cache between Proxy 1 and proxy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

synchronize Cache between two transparent proxy server

i would like to setup two transparent proxy server that use Ubuntu Server and Squid as transparent proxy. My idea is to synchronize the cache between Proxy 1 and proxy 2. so both Proxy server will have same cache inside them. I wish to use Rsync that is an open source utility that provides fast incremental file transfer. It is possible?between the proxy, if both proxy run at the same time or only one will run at one time?.it will have a firewall that is pfSense that will redirect traffic to each proxy server. ..can someone show me how the configuration..since i new to this

p/s embeded link is disable,so i cant show a diagram sory
    regards
    afandi

Just Joined!
    hi gendit, I'm happy to be corrected but I don't think you can simply copy cache files between squid proxies & have it work.

Your best bet would be to have each cache check if the other one has what it needs before grabbing the data itself.

You still have redundancy if one fails.

cheers

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ni_boy View Post
    hi gendit, I'm happy to be corrected but I don't think you can simply copy cache files between squid proxies & have it work.

Your best bet would be to have each cache check if the other one has what it needs before grabbing the data itself.

You still have redundancy if one fails.

cheers
    how to do that??cache check??..i'm new to squid..thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close