Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone I tryed to install skype and I installed it with Wine Installer,and when I try to sing up it closes.... Can you help me how to install it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Skype problem

Hi everyone

I tryed to install skype and I installed it with Wine Installer,and when I try to sing up it closes....

Can you help me how to install it without Wine Installer,or how ti fix it??

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Please provide distribution+version+kernel information about your Linux system.

I recently installed skype on my linux system and there were a number of missing shared libraries. You can find out what they are (one at a time) by running skype from a command line. Then, you need to determine which package holds that library, and install it. I had to install a number of packages (probably 6 at least, plus their dependencies) in order to get it working on my system. It was a real PITA, but eventually I got it all sorted out and can now nicely skype, including use of my webcam. Had a video conversation with my niece and grand niece in Mexico today (I'm in Chicago) with skype, as well as a business call with a colleague in Brazil, so it can definitely work, but you will have to make some effort to sort it all out.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I fixed it,but not the way you told me :P Thanks anyway

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    So, please elaborate on what you did, so others can benefit from your experience.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!