Find the answer to your Linux question:
Um, i just downloaded a version of Quanta to start building some web sites, and i got this error when running the "./configure" command on the terminal: Code: checking for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quanta problems

Um, i just downloaded a version of Quanta to start building some web sites, and i got this error when running the "./configure" command on the terminal:
    Code:
    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.2) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
    I have no idea what this error has said to me. Thanks in advanced.

Turns out that qt-devels is some kind of develpment kit to build web apps. Related or similar to KDE. I searched the web to find the installer but i think, if didn't missunderstand, that you must pay for this. Does mandrake come with this installer?

Code:
     Qt is a multiplatform C++ GUI application framework. It provides application developers with all the functionality needed to build applications with state-of-the-art graphical user interfaces. Qt is fully object-oriented, easily extensible, and allows true component programming.

Linux Enthusiast
    the devel package is simply a collection of header files and other things neccessary to build apps from source that depend on the library, I see no reason that qt should be any different. The devel packages should be on your distro disks. devel packages are not development kits in any way, but you will need to install them if you're compiling dependent libraries/applications from source.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

Oh i see. Um, i already download qt-x11 3.3.3, should i go ahead and install it?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Sheds, have you set up external sources for the mandrake software packager?

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

Does all the dependencies for you and it quite robust.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

There is a version installed with the mandrake distro, i just found it, it's really cool. I am just getting fonder of linux every day. Specially since at work i use only windows and i miss every second with my linux machine.