Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

389 Directory on Lenny

Anyone have a tutorial for this. All I can find is an install for Sarge. And every time I search I come up with install for Fedora/Ubuntu/Red Hat. I know it is not meant to run on Debian or probably is not but I know there is a way to make it work obviously they do have a guide for installing it to older versions.

Thanks,
    Laggy

Awww reed it's so sweet you don't think I know how to build a program from source.....although I will probably be following those instructions closely.

Thanks reed gonna go see what i can do in vmware.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Ok I am trying to run ./configure and it keeps saying NSS not found so I found a guide to install NSS using libnss-ldapd which I hoped work and did not. Unless I missed something while trying to configure the ldap.

Thanks,
    Laggy
    Last edited by dethklok02895; 05-28-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Code:
    configure: checking for Mozilla LDAPSDK...
    checking for --with-ldapsdk... yes
    checking for --with-ldapsdk-inc... no
    checking for --with-ldapsdk-lib... no
    checking for --with-ldapsdk-bin... no
    checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
    checking for mozldap with pkg-config... configure: error: LDAPSDK not found, specify with --with-ldapsdk-inc|-lib|-bin.
    Ok this is waht I can get up to I use this site to install the mozldap. And I'm still currently getting this error. Would also like to note in the pre-install section sun-java5-jdk could not be found by my debian.

Anyone on the mozldap thing???

Or would it be better for me to just use alien to switch the mozldap from rpm to a dep to install it???