Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all I have a user that has forgotten their password. I tried to reset their password and get an error message along the lines of:- ERROR Exit code 256 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    tqz
    Just Joined!

TWiki password help

Hello all

I have a user that has forgotten their password. I tried to reset their password and get an error message along the lines of:-

ERROR
    Exit code 256 from TWiki::cfg{MailProgram} at /usr/share/perl/5.8/CGI/Carp.pm line 314. at /usr/share/perl/5.8/CGI/Carp.pm line 314

CGI::Carp::realdie('ERROR
    Exit code 256 from TWiki::cfg{MailProgram}') called at /usr/share/perl/5.8/CGI/Carp.pm line 385
    CGI::Carp::die('ERROR
    Exit code 256 from TWiki::cfg{MailProgram}') called at /usr/share/perl5/TWiki/Net.pm line 285

etc......

Too many failures sending mail %PARAM2% %PARAM3% %PARAM4%.

Previously the message would generate some sort of error but the message would be sent to www-data and all would be fine. Something has obviously happened since - issue with twiki or mail program (we dont use the server with twiki on for ougoing emails)??? Any suggestions?

t.

Just Joined!

Re: TWiki password help

I had a similar problem, with the same error and was able to resolve this by simply editing my TWiki.cfg file and change the following lines from

#$TWiki::cfg{SMTP}{MAILHOST} = 'some.mail.com';
    $TWiki::cfg{SENDMAIL}{MAILHOST} = 'some.mail.com';

and then tested and all is good. Now users are able to register and receive emails on their temp passwords.

Hope this what you was looking for.