Find the answer to your Linux question:
Do you know whether SW TrueCrypt can be installed and used as a portable? If TrueCrypt is able to work like the portable SW within MS-Windows Seven so why not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can TrueCrypt be installed as a portable?

Do you know whether SW TrueCrypt can be installed and used as a portable? If TrueCrypt is able to work like the portable SW within MS-Windows Seven so why not under Linux distro? TrueCrypt doesn't work me under the Wine.

Yes, it can be used as a portable app. Truecrypt Portable. Why would you want to run it under wine? It has a native Linux version.
    Last edited by sgosnell; 07-09-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: typo

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    Yes, it can be used as a portable app. Truecrypt Portable. Why would you want to run it under wine? It has a native Linux version.
    I see, it is URL about the portable mode for Windows. But I want the portable mode TrueCrypt for Linux (Redhat, Suse, Ubuntu, Mandriva...).
    Now I have TrueCrypt installed in my computer (Linux Ubuntu) but I want TrueCrypt to be prepared on my USB flash drive. Then I want use my USB flash drive on another computer without TrueCrypt.
    Last edited by regine; 08-24-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Just install TrueCrypt to the USB drive, using the Linux version. It should run fine from the USB drive. I'm not sure what you mean by your last sentence, though.

Just Joined!

Extract -> USB drive

Thanks. I didn't know that I only extract truecrypt_7.0a_i386.tar.gz at the USB drive.