Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just recently switched to linux and not familiar with the system. currently installed ubunet. i changed my defualt email to thunderbird due to a conflict with live email for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Default email client

I just recently switched to linux and not familiar with the system. currently installed ubunet. i changed my defualt email to thunderbird due to a conflict with live email for some reason. thundirbird is my defualt through the browser but on the main menu up on the right the envelope still opens evolution. is there a way to change this option so that thundirbird will open?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandorick View Post
    I just recently switched to linux and not familiar with the system. currently installed ubunet.
    Hello and welcome!

I've not at all familiar with ubunet and have never heard of it, so can offer up any specific instructions, but you can check the following article to see if it addresses configuring Thunderbird so that emails open in it by default:

Default mail client - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Hope it works out for you.
    oz

Just Joined!
    thancks for the reply Ozar

I tried what ya suggested but had no changes. Im reading the man pages now and learning how to work within the system so i wil eventually figure it out.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Does your distro use the alternatives tools? Run this command to see:

Code:
    update-alternatives --version
    I had to use it recently to force my Fedora to recognize a newer version of Firefox that I had installed.

Just Joined!
    thancks atreyu

i will try that. one thing for sure is it got my mind flowing and reading the man pages and figuring it all out. not a bad thing, anyway i just placed an icon on the desk and will use this until i become more familiar with the system, so far i like it