Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
It seems to be a bug with newer versions of wine. When it cleans up, it doesn't remove the directory, and if the directory exists but not the socket, it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

It seems to be a bug with newer versions of wine. When it cleans up, it doesn't remove the directory, and if the directory exists but not the socket, it doesn't recreate the socket. Try this:
    Code:
    rm -rf /tmp/.wine*
    Not sure how it will work with your setup, but a similar hack has worked for me this far.

Linux Engineer
    I have tried that already and it just complains that the wine directory doesn't exist.

Just Joined!
    nope it didnt work for me either!

Linux Guru
    Have you tried not running it as a daemon? (ie. just starting "wine" when you need it, not using the wine server)

Just Joined!
    i've looked for the deamon file but cannot find it. wine is installed under /usr/lib/wine/ but there is no executable file there. I've also tried running "wine" in shell but still no joy.
    at the shell prompt "locate wine" tells me that the files installed.

Linux Enthusiast
    yeah, i've been told that wine is not working well with red hat 9 these days despite the fact that it worked fairly well with red hat 7.3 and 8.
    I do know some people that have kazaalite working thru wine in red hat 9 so I will talk to them further and see what the secret is to getting it installed.
    Basically all the steps are the same as on my guide still, except you shouldn't replace your system.reg file anymore, just use the original one.

Just Joined!
    i found out how to get kazaa lite to work in mandrake 9/ rh 9 it worked for me and im a total newb

check it

http://www.christian-gerner.de/forum...1-503-503.html

Linux Enthusiast
    thanks for passing that along, but I certainly don't want to have to run it as root all the time, I know of people who have it working in user mode, so I am going to keep researching

Just Joined!
    no root needed, actually it wont run as root for me only as a regular user

Linux Enthusiast
    hmm, interesting cause that complete contradicts what the link says that you provided, how bout putting the instructions in here that worked for you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast