Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all, I have a hotmail, and a gmail account set up on thunderbird in mint 11. I used the new account wizard to set them both up and they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cant reply in Thunderbird

Hello all, I have a hotmail, and a gmail account set up on thunderbird in mint 11. I used the new account wizard to set them both up and they set up with no problems. I get all incoming messages just fine, but when I have a message highlighted, or opened, and I click reply, It opens up a new message box, that is blank. No reply address, subject, or message body. Now I can fill in the desired send to email, and the subject, but I can not even click on the body to start typing a message, no curser comes up, it just stays as the mouse pointer. I havent had this problem in the past on previous linux installs with the same program and same accounts. The problem is with both accounts, so im sure its the program not an account issue.

Any suggestions or ideas?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What version of TBird are you running? Myself, I just pipe all of my other email accounts to my gmail account and use Chrome or FireFox to access them. Some I can just forward, others have POP or IMAP capabilities so I can access them directly in my gmail tab.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Its the newest version whatever that is. Im not on the computer with the problem right now. Unfortunately I dont think holtmail lets you forward to a non hotmail account(good ol' microsoft) so that is out of the question. I think im going to try a different email client. Got any suggestions?

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Latest from the Mozilla site is 6.1 (just updated today). What happens when you try this after starting from the terminal? Do you get any useful error messages?
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    There are quite a number of open source email clients for Linux includine Evolution and kmail. Try these google search terms: linux email clients
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    I ended up reinstalling and it works fine now. Thats odd tho that the default install from the mint11 cd was broken somehow.