Find the answer to your Linux question:
Trying to get BBC iPlayer installed on Xubuntu and I get an error saying 'the application has been denied access to its secure local storage' and I can resolve it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

iPlayer problem

Trying to get BBC iPlayer installed on Xubuntu and I get an error saying 'the application has been denied access to its secure local storage' and I can resolve it by 'allowing access to my Keychain'.

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks

Just Joined!

BBC iPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by nimicitor View Post
    Trying to get BBC iPlayer installed on Xubuntu and I get an error saying 'the application has been denied access to its secure local storage' and I can resolve it by 'allowing access to my Keychain'.

What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks
    I know nothing about installing iPlayer on Linux like it will install on a Windows machine.
    However, on Ubuntu repositories there is a program called
    get-iplayer
    This is a command line program which, once installed, will open in a terminal.
    Hope it works for you.

Just Joined!
    Hello Nimicitor; I,too, have been having trouble installing BBC iPlayer. I shall try get-iplayer when I get my Ubuntu operating again. There must be many others out there too having same trouble.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your replies, I think this is more an Adobe Air issue more then an iPlayer one. I will try out the work around.

Just Joined!

Possible solution

I managed to fix this problem by removing the sudo from the command in the menu.

So the command became
    Code:
    '/opt'/'BBC iPlayer Desktop'/bin/'BBC iPlayer Desktop'
    Rather than
    Code:
    sudo '/opt'/'BBC iPlayer Desktop'/bin/'BBC iPlayer Desktop'
    You can test it by loading it with this command and seeing if it loads correctly (assuming your Iplayer is installed in /opt). If so you can edit the menu to remove the sudo.