Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am having some problem getting my installation of MPICH2 to work. Due to the package I need to use it with I have had to install MPICH2 using ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mpdboot problem

Hello,

I am having some problem getting my installation of MPICH2 to work. Due to the package I need to use it with I have had to install MPICH2 using the mpd manager!

I am trying to use it to make use of the 8 processors on my machine (running RHEL 5.3), so not actually connecting to any other machines. (But may do if this works well).

SO I have run mpdcheck and it all comes back as OK, and if I just run mpd & I am able to start up multiple instances of a process.

But when I try to start mpd using mpdboot, I get the "invalid port info" error message back.
    Has anyone seen this before? I am hoping it is a simple error I've made in the setup!

Cheers,

Ted

Just Joined!

Cool

A reply to my own post!

Finally found out what was wrong.

mpdboot was calling the wrong version of mpd.

No wonder the guys at ANL changed to Hydra!!

Welcome to the forums and thanks for posting your solution, It will probably be helpful to someone with a similar problem.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close