Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was reading a book in PDF in evince that was indexed in the side pane. And the clicked article opened in the display. How do i do the same ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Index for PDF made using LibreOffice

I was reading a book in PDF in evince that was indexed in the side pane. And the clicked article opened in the display. How do i do the same or similar kind of thing with LibreOffice.

oz
    forum.guy
    It's been a while since I used LibreOffice or OpenOffice but I don't remember either of them having a side panel option. Of course, it might be there and I've just missed it.

If there isn't one, you could try posting a feature request at their website.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    It's been a while since I used LibreOffice or OpenOffice but I don't remember either of them having a side panel option. Of course, it might be there and I've just missed it.

If there isn't one, you could try posting a feature request at their website.
    well the thing is that the side pane was in evince.

Now what i want is indexing. LibreOffice exports the document as PDF and this PDF doesnot have indexing. I want this indexing to be there.

Have you set-up titles and bookmark information in the document?
    Have you checked bookmarks are exported ... selecting file->export as PDF should show the selected options
    You could also set the initial view to page and bookmarks rather than default which I think is page only (although you should still be able to open bookmarks in the viewer)