Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am developing an ARM9 based device and it uses embedded linux. I designed it based on a reference architecture and the architecture is ok. The device has 2 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can not mount 2 usbs same time in embedded linux

Hi,

I am developing an ARM9 based device and it uses embedded linux. I designed it based on a reference architecture and the architecture is ok. The device has 2 usb high speed host ports (say port1 and port2).
    It seems that only one port can be used at a given instance.With a usb flash drive attached to port1 it works perfectly and ehenever I mount other flash in to port2 the port1 stops working(automatically unmount) and port2 flash starts working.

When I mount a flash in to port2 only, then it works perfectly.But if I add another in to port1 it is not mounted.

Is this a issue with kernel or drivers or anything else. Can someone help me

thank you.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It sounds like there may be a hardware problem. I use an ARM9 board running Debian for embedded development that also has dual USB 2.x ports, and it works like a charm.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!