Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am getting the following error after a fresh install of Linux Mint Debian Edition and a fresh install of Dropbox from the repository. I have no idea where to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Problem with dropbox.list.save in LMDE

I am getting the following error after a fresh install of Linux Mint Debian Edition and a fresh install of Dropbox from the repository. I have no idea where to start. Any help?

Ignoring file 'dropbox.list.save' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extensionThe method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/https could not be found.
    The repository in ...list.d is linux.dropbox.com/ubuntu lucid main.

I posted this on the Dropbox forums but never received any responses. I have found some more discussion in posts, some pretty old. I tried changing both dropbox.list and dropbox.list.save to maverick but no help. I also have found a post that said the Ubuntu repositories for dropbox no longer work for debian. Adding to my frustration, I unchecked that repository in Update Manager but continue to get the same error message whenever it refreshes so obviously I am confused even in my workaround.

Here is what is currently in that .save file:
    deb http://linux.dropbox.com/ubuntu maverick main

You can ignore it. It's a backup of dropbox.list, and apt-get doesn't expect anything except .list files, so it ignores it, as it should. You can move or delete the .save file, whatever you like. Or just leave it and let apt-get report that it's ignoring it. In any case, nothing is being hurt.

Well... That was easy. Thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close