Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need to install and configure Gmail in CentOS 6 for incoming and outgoing mail... anyone know how?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry How do you install Gmail in CentOS 6 - Incoming and Outgoing?

I need to install and configure Gmail in CentOS 6 for incoming and outgoing mail... anyone know how?

Hello again!

Are you trying to setup a mail client such as Thunderbird or Evolution?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Hi there
    I'm trying to finish a Linux project for class, one of the requirements is to install and teach a user how to use Gmail as Incoming E-mail and Outgoing E-mail, it says Thunderbird Optional next to those to requirements, so I'm not to sure : /

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Ah... classwork.
    Just a heads-up... homework questions are actually against Forum Rules. So I won't give the specifics.
    But here's the options that I see...

1) Teach someone how to use Gmail via the web-based interface. Pretend like you're talking your grandparents through it on the phone or something. And be detailed to the point where it's annoying!
    2) Google does have a help page that includes steps for setting up your Gmail account in a mail client. Find that, use it. Then pretend you're explaining Outlook or Thunderbird to those same grandparents.

When I say details... here's an example.
    If I'm teaching you how to make a PB&J sandwich, step 1 is gonna be 'Get the bread.'
    Step 2, 'Open the bread bag.'
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.